Wednesday 25 April 2012

One More Sleep Until Abi Burlingham's Buttercup Magic!

Finishing up edits again, so I'm not really here, but I thought I'd drop by to tell you some very exciting news. Tomorrow is the launch of my writer friend Abi Burlingham's latest book, BUTTERCUP MAGIC - A MYSTERY FOR MEGAN. Hurrah!


When nine year old Megan moves to Buttercup House, she has no idea how special the house is. With her new best friend, Freya, who lives next door, they find out all the wonderful secrets about her new home, and she meets the magical animals that live there: some very clever mice, Dorothy, the mysterious black cat, and a very sepcial dog called Buttercup. A book about friendship and magic, aimed at 6-9 years. (Description from Goodreads)


LAUNCH DETAILS

Where: Clay Cross Library, Holmgate Road, Clay Cross, Derbyshire S42 6YQ
When: Thursday 26th April, 3.30-4.30pm

All are welcome, and I have it on good authority that there will be lollies! So hopefully see you there. BIG congratulations on your new book, Abi!

You can buy Buttercup Magic - a Mystery for Megan here. There is a lovely review on Serendipity Viv's blog here and you can find out more about how the book came to exist on Abi's blog here and Jenny Alexander's blog here.


11 comments:

  1. Oh you are just FAB aren't you???? Yes you are! This is lovely Em - thanks so much for this and all the work you've put into the launch - really hope lots of people come after all your efforts. Thanks again x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you're welcome, Abi! You're the one who's done all the hard work, writing the book in the first place! We're really honoured and excited to be hosting your launch. xx

      Delete
  2. Good luck to you all - I hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw thanks for the mention. I just popped on to say what a beautiful book it is. I loved it. Abi has magic in her fingertips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Viv! And she really does, doesn't she? SO pleased she's launching the book at my library! :)

      Delete
  4. Wish I could be there!! Have a fabulous launch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww! Thanks everyone - I really really really wish you could all be there too! Will tweet some pics after the event! Vivienne, if I have magic in my fingertips that is everything I could hope for as a writer - what a lovely thing to say x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations. It sounds wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh! How did I miss this? Congrats to Abi - it looks fab!

    ReplyDelete